Saturday, April 15, 2006

KH2: Riku hates you, that's why

21 hrs hours into the game.


Worlds passed through:
Prologue (with Roxas)
Twilight Town
The Tower of New Shiny Clothes
Hollow Bastion
The Land of Dragons
Beast's Castle
Brief return to H.B./100 Acre Wood
Olympus Stadium
Disney Castle
Timeless River
Another stop at 100 Acre Wood
Port Royale
Olympus Tournament 1
Agrabah
Twilight Town
Hollow Bastion
TRON 1
Hollow Bastion Heartless War
100 Acre Woods
Land of Dragons
100 Acre Woods
Beast's Castle
Olympus

Currently:
Port Royale

Worlds Remaining: 11

Plot Points:
Other than paying a couple mini-games with Winnie the Pooh & friends, not much new to add. Sora thinks he spotted Riku running around in those limited-edition Organization XIII coats. Everyone's all "why would Riku be with the Organization?"

Simple. The kid saw the black coat uniform and thought they were Sephiroth clones. So he was all "yes, I've been looking everywhere for my clone crew. We gotta head to Reunion, yo!"

Man, Sora is going to be upset when he realizes he was ditched so Riku could go star as main baddie in the Advent Children movie.

EDIT 9:13 4/16/06:

Woosh through Beast's castle. Man, Xaldin has mutton-chops. Really, who told these guys that dreds and mutton-chops were a good plan?


Seriously, dude, you're scaring the kids.

Olympus was fun because it saw the return of Auron, who is badass. Sora experienced FFX flashbacks or something. He touched a little Auron action figure and gained magical electrifying insight into Auron's past. Insight you don't get to see because you played FFX, and if you didn't, well Square assumes you're going to. Auron gave him a keyblade. (I have since declared it the coolest keyblade ever.)

The last member of Organization XIII revealed themselves in Port Royale. A blond guy with ear piercings and a stuffy accent. No idea what his name was, I was too busy freaking out over having got Anti Form during a battle.

Anti-form is when you drive and Sora turns into one of the funky heartless that were in the Deep Dive movie. (Usually you see Roxas battle with them in the KH music videos.) So it's a heartless with Sora's clothes on. Of course, by standard video game logic, nobody notices that Sora turned into a heartless... nope, why would they?

Oh, I was forced to endure another cut scene where Miss Swan clutches Will as he lays on the floor. I bet they re-used the footage because Sora had the same "I can't believe I paid to see Kingdom of Heaven" look on his face he had last time.

Then Mr. Stuffy Blond stole the Black Pearl and left Sora—or Zola as Jack called him—Donald, Goofy, and Johnny Depp for dead. Nobodies have scattered medillions about, so we have to go find them. Jack's been cursed again, and I was like "YES, SHOW ME SKELETON SORA" but they didn't feel like programming that, so Sora, Donald and Goofy are immune to the curse. Yeah. Because they don't get effected by worlds like uh... Olde-Timey Disney, Tron, Halloween Town, Atlantica, or The Pride Lands. Don't lie to me Square, you lazy bums.

I suppose I'll have to settle for Spooky Sora with bat wings, in Halloween Town. That's where I'll be headed after Port Royale is finished.

Oh, and a massive weird upside down town with a little world floating above has appeared in a hazy You Can't Go Here Yet But We'll Taunt You With It Anyway green shield. I'm guessing it's the World That Never Was, the rumored place of all the final boss stuff.

3 comments:

Cyd the Squid said...

I should ask thst you are almost done with Kh2? I know that you are a Japanese Kh2 fan like I am. It took my sister 8 days to beat Kh2 I was sad..... 4 years I waited and it took us 8 days to beat it... I like the way you drew Sora at the top. I really love that picture of Sora it's sooo cute. If you want to you maybe would like to stop by my site. I just uploaded a picture of Sora in Timeless River style. I did't draw this my sister did. Tell me if you like the picture if you do at links it says Ciara's Otaku. Then if you wanna see her pictures on the side it says Portfolio click on that then click Drawings then you can see her good picture. Well, Your site Rocks!!! I just love that picture of Sora it Roxas!!! See ya ROCK OUT!!!!!!!! and let U2 be with you... Ps my site is u2life45.blogspot.com

c.rooney said...

Almost done? Nah, probably halfway through. Personally, I'm enjoying that the game isn't too difficult.

Thanks for the comments about the disembodied head of Sora. ^_^

Anonymous said...

its so awesome i looooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee sora pics i drew one my self! he is so h-o-t.