Wednesday, May 16, 2007

So I'm back

It was an amazing trip, and I'm working on turning the brief point form notes I took into an actual travel memoir. Which should be good because I'm still feeling a little burnt out with regards to book one. I met some new friends, saw some old ones, and inflicted futons without the cushioning matresse pads on two others. Hopefully, we all recover.

A couple of not so wonderful things happened, but they're great story fodder and the good and wonderful things far outweight them. Every opportunity, Japan pulled through and reminded us that there are kind and compassionate Japanese people. The Kannon took good really good care of us, kept us safe and able to find a hotel despite an incomprehensible map.

I love Fushimi Inari Taisha. It more than made up for not returning to the Ryo-zen Kannon. Good god, that place is absolutely mind-blowing.

3 comments:

Karen Mahoney said...

Hurrah! Great to see you back here. Glad you had an overall good trip, and thanks for the postcard (it arrived yesterday) - my first ever postcard from Japan.

Looking forward to more LAWG postings, as well as writing updates when you're back into the swing... :)

KT said...

Glad to hear you had a good time, and to have you back. :)

Rachel said...

Good to see ya back!