Saturday, June 16, 2007

Creative Endeavors

Since deviantART is having one of its CSS-fractured days for me (they've been a constant this week,) I can't put this up on the art site. So I'll share it here. These are two bracelets and a necklace and bracelet set that I made today.

On the top left is a personal bracelet finished with what I'm guessing is a nickel-base clasp. (There's a detail on the claspe you can't see in the photo.) This one was created to be more function than fashion.
Jade - wisdom, mercy, humility, generosity, peace, and harmony. Protective and lucky when worn as jewelry.
Amethyst - increases vivid dreams, relieves depression, promotes calm, serenity, and spirituality. Helps with addiction and stress.
Quartz - the greatest of all healing stones. Acts as an amplifier for psychic energy and aids meditation and visualization.
Rose Quartz - great for attracting love. Promotes self-loving and heals emotional wounds as well as promoting peace, forgiveness, and nurturing.


The second from the left is a fashion bracelet that was composed based on the colors of the beads. They're all semi-precious stones, although I couldn't tell you exactly which ones, aside from the sunstone faceted mini-beads between the round ones. Its finished with a heart "gold" clasp.


Here's a detail shot of the necklace. It's black-gold faceted glass beads with three "gold" charms. An Eiffel Tower, Crown and Antique Key with heart details. I think of it as an Ode to Paris. Finished with a heart "gold" clasp.
















This is a bracelet that could be included with the necklace in a set, although it only fits my tiny child-size wrists, so I'll probably make a larger one with some of the remaining faceted beads. Not sure if I'd put any charms on it or not yet. It will, like this one, be finished a heart "gold" clasp.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Those are pretty! Did you enjoy going into a creative mode and making those?