Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Break out the Champagne Pt 1

While I am unable to reveal the client for The Secret Project or the specifics of what we are doing, there are certain facts I can tell you...

1) The Secret Project is a writing-for-hire project, which means that I have not written it yet, nor is it anything related to my original fiction or creative non-fiction writing.

2) It will be only after the official announcement by the client that I may disclose their identity and general information on my blog. While this means that we'll all have to be patient, it make sense they would want to keep things quiet.

So enough about what I can't tell you, because what I can tell you more than makes up for it.

Ready?
I've signed for representation with Miriam Kriss of the Irene Goodman Literary Agency.
Now, if that's all you need to know, feel free to raise a glass of cyber-champagne in the comments. If you'd like to know a little bit more, read on....

After deciding that it was wisest to have help with the contract negotiations, because I don't have a law degree and Japan was supposed to have taught me to admit when I'm in over my head, I asked a friend if she felt comfortable approaching her agent on my behalf to ask if the agent could look over the contract or refer me to someone else.

The funny thing is, I was more uncomfortable asking my friend than she was about asking her agent.

The agent agreed that I could contact her, and we exchanged emails. Then there was a phone call, where she answered some of my questions and we talked a little bit about common interests. All of this happened last week, while I was in Kamloops.

The contract arrived on Saturday, I didn't see it until Monday, and didn't have a chance to review it until yesterday.

That is the (long) explanation of why you're only hearing about it today.

So please join me in a toast to thank my friend—and agency sister—Vicki Pettersson and our agent Miriam Kriss.

Kampai!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! Skol! Cheers! Muah! and very happy returns of the day!

Rachel Vincent said...

Congratulations again! And I'm raising that cyber glass to you, from another agency sister. You're in good company, if I do say so myself. ;-)

Christopher M. Park said...

Congratulations! That's really wonderful news!!

C.Rooney said...

Thank you, everyone. I feel honored to be in such great company.

KT said...

Congratulations, C! I'm really glad things are moving for you. :)

Christina said...

OMG that is wonderful!!! I'm so happy for you! Everything is coming together so quickly.

Sarah Kimberly said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


:D

Karen said...

Congratulations!!! :)

stormywriting said...

How awesome! Congratulations!

Rinda said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news!!!! Very, very cool. :)

Sara Howe said...

Great news! Congratulations! I look forward to hearing more about this project!

Jamie Ford said...

CONGRATS! Nicely done! This is a huge reason to celebrate.