Thursday, May 15, 2008

Love is Love

So I was going to share the result I got from doing a test about what your taste in chocolate says about your personalty, but there's something much more important to comment on.

The California Supreme Court has overturned the state's gay marriage ban.

I respectfully acknowledge that there are reasons people don't support gay marriage. However, I believe in equal rights. That means regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. Love is love and if consenting adults want to get married to symbolize that love, they should be allowed to.

Now, there's one more place where they can.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C. Leigh Purtill said...

I cheered - literally cheered - when I saw this on the news last night. I just never could understand how someone else's happiness impacts perfect strangers.

chris said...

the only married gay couple i know are jim and lyle but i still fully support the overturning