Thursday, August 28, 2008

A little blog-keeping

I was out for most of Monday with Sarah, and out again for most of Wednesday. Had to take the merchandise to the gallery store. Now that's settled, I suppose I ought to get working on some kind of stock for an esty store. Oh, so I should mention if you were interested in commissioning a custom piece... I am opening it up to help make some spending money for World Fantasy Con. Comment or email if you're interested!

No revision notes from Miriam yet. Not sure why I thought they were coming by the end of this week—she said nothing of the sort, so I likely concluded she has vacation coming up and have vacation coming up after that, so sooner rather than later would be best. Come September 1st, I will be writing the second manuscript for the YA series.

I would have been writing it sooner, but I realize I had started it in the wrong place. (It wasn't attention-grabbing enough, nor a good intro to the conflict/threat.) Progress notes will be under f-lock on livejournal, unless I stumble upon something that's interesting and muse about it here.

Oh, and youtube has proven to me that I am not the only one who feels Doctor Who and High School Musical have a common fanbase:



Which I understand, as they're both kids shows. But High School Musical and Torchwood? That's a "wot?!" right there... Except it's done so well...

3 comments:

Christina said...

You're staying really busy on top of the writing. I can't believe the World Fantasy Con is coming up so quickly now.

C. Leigh Purtill said...

Hey. This has nothing to do with your post which I can fully identify with as I am also in rewrite mode (working on that supernatural partial I told you about, kind of).

ANYWAY...am reading Wicked Lovely and truly digging it! In fact, I'm wondering if I've done enough work for the day so I can reward myself with some pleasure reading. Altho, I can probably count it as research..yah?

Cheers, my dear~

Caryn Caldwell said...

Oh, I'm jealous! You're just starting a new MS? I've just started revisions, and I'm dying to work on this new idea I have. Alas, it will have to wait. Good luck with your WIP!