Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Last call for PRIDE Winners

Jeffrey Lloyd and NPage—last call. If I don't hear from you today (by 11:59 PM PST), you forfeit your prizes and two more names will bring drawn.

I apologize for the slowness in getting the original winners' announcement up. I spent the weekend in deep writer-space. During a push to finish the draft I'm working on, I wrote nearly 10,000 words in three days. I was a little wrecked and spent Monday and Tuesday watching Code Geass. (No, probably not any healthier for my sanity, but the well was dry and Lelouch looks like Oliver.)

It's a good thing that I did finish the draft before watching Code Geass, because it's one of those things that you watch, sigh, and curse the fact that didn't you just write that into Chapter X? Reminding me we can't escape what's come before us, even if we aren't aware of it. All you can do is write the idea you have to the best of your ability, because it won't the same as if someone else had written it.

No comments: