Monday, February 23, 2009

Minna, let's preorder!

Having just looked at my amazon.ca cart, it's time to remind everyone that some great books are coming out this year:

Adult
Tiny Deaths by Robert Shearman
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith (Mar 25)
Secret Identities: The Asian American Superhero Anthology featuring Jamie Ford (Apr 14)
Torchwood: Bay of the Dead by Mark Morris (May 21)
In Ashes Lie by Marie Brennan (Jun 10)
The Fourth Sign of the Zodiac: City of Souls by Vicki Pettersson (Jun 17)
Prey (Shifters 4) by Rachel Vincent (Jul 1)
Unbound Anthology featuring Kim Harrison, Vicki Pettersson, Melissa Marr, Jeaniene Frost and Jocelynn Drake (Jul 15)


Young Adult
Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr (Apr 8)
Desert Tales vol 1: Sanctuary by Melissa Marr & Xian Nu Studios (Apr 8)
Wake by Robert J. Sawyer (Apr 14)
The Eternal Kiss: 12 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire featuring Karen Mahoney (Jul 27)
My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers 1) by Rachel Vincent (Aug 1)
As You Wish by Jackson Pearce (September)

What books are you looking forward to in the coming months?

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I was looking at a lot of books as well this weekend and decided it might start to be economical to get a Kindle 2 after all. Unless you're getting a mass market paperback, that gets spendy.

Chandra Rooney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chandra Rooney said...

I have given the kindle some thought, but I have some modifications I want them to make to it first.

Like full color so I can enjoy Western comics as well as manga on it, and create a modded Atwood pen so Rachel Vincent can sign my kindle files. :)

KT said...

City of Souls? But...'City' isn't a sense! D:

I guess this means they don't want to stick to 5 books for that series.

(Which reminds me I still need to read book 3. It is in the queue)

alanajoli said...

Oooh, good list. You've got several on here that are also on my watch list. Here are a couple additional ones (with US dates):

Fate, by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (sequel to Tattoo), March 10
Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels book 3), Ilona Andrews, March 31
Second Skin (Nocturne City book 3), Caitlin Kittridge, March ?
Magic in the Blood (book 2), Devon Monk, May 5

Chandra Rooney said...

Six books for our Joanna. Number five is in the works.