Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm a simple girl, really

It doesn't take a lot to keep me happy.

Learning that Jaime Ford's Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet is sitting at #15 on the NYT Bestseller list, for example, makes me happy. Not as happy as it makes him, mind you, but close.

Other things that make me happy?

Trees in Oregon, whose blossoms coat their branches like a blanket of pink snow when across the parking lot twisted moss covered limbs reach for the sky.







It snowed that night in Yreka, California.



I suppose my point is when the world's so full of wonder, why not expect to see HOTEL break the NYT top ten?

5 comments:

Leigh said...

hey there! i haven't read ford's book yet but definitely want to. right now i need to read a bunch of YA...

btw, are you back in LA yet? you were coming for a second visit soon, right? or am i completely delusional?

Sarah K said...

I like these dichotomies in nature as well.

Lovely photos.

Sadako said...

Photos are gorgeous--so jealous of your photo takin' ability.

Chandra Rooney said...

Thanks guys!

I emailed you, Leigh.

Rachel said...

Those are beautiful pics!