Friday, May 29, 2009

Pancake sender suspect numero ichi

This dude is the type who would send a pancake possessed of evil intent to kill my joy. Or someone pretending to be him. His thinky-thoughts are too knowing. Like he's writing about the future from the future but pretending it's the past. Do not trust anyone who claims to know what will happen. They might be a robot. I'm not a robot, but it's still bad for your health to trust me too much.

What a strange world this old dude lives in where the realism of something determines how worthy it is of being attempted in fiction. He should come live in my world. Everything can happen. Often it does.

Maybe these rules are some kind of coded message. How to defeat the pancake. What do you think?

9 comments:

That Girl said...

How do we know you're not a robot? You could be lying. Or... that's it, you're the talky pancake, aren't you! What have you done with Ethanael?

Sarah K said...

I don't know about coded messages [mostly because I take things at face value and don't decode anything unless my quest journal tells me that I have to], but number 7 on this list— Radical language drift makes future indescribable within present-day literature— is a stumbling block I've encounter when attempting to sort out communication between characters. Does Andrev talk this way because he is sullen and concise? Or is it an affectation of society as it has altered over the years?

Andrev is not the urchin. Andrev is a cantankerous Monk.

Chandra Rooney said...

E, you can't choose random people you find on Wired.com and accuse them of sending you pancakes of ill intent. We discussed this. If you don't play nice, you don't get to play.

Ethanael said...

Robots don't have violet hair. They don't have hair at all. And they talk like the Governor of California or that girl from the Serenity movie.

Robots don't blink. Neither do pancakes.

KT said...

Oh, it's one of those silly people that think all SciFi is actually about how we think the future will go.

SILLY PEOPLE. I stop before I go into the EPIC RANT I could have about that.

Rachel said...

What KT said. Silly STOOPID people. I bet he DID send the pancake of evil intent to Ethanael. Just like a piece of granite. Granite might be good to build on cuz it's solid and the same through and through. But it can be awfully joykilling. I prefer geodes.

Chandra Rooney said...

They're shiny on the inside.

Rachel said...

Exactly!

stormywriting said...

I think I just got terribly dizzy reading that...