Monday, August 03, 2009

Mr. Bunny

So... this is our bunny. We weren't planning to get a bunny. Bunnies have never really been my thing, because they're not exactly interactive pets.

However, Friday night my brother and his friends found this little troublemaker rabbit building himself a nest in the empty lot beside our house. (We didn't actually know it was a him until Sunday morning.) Mom worried about predators, as we do get bears and snakes and the occasional cougar that come up from creek that our suburb backs onto. The crows are mean, too. Without a great deal of trouble, the bunny was caught and brought inside for the night with the intention of trying to locate its owners.

Well, that provided difficult since they didn't get the rabbit registered—as it has no ear tat—and the pet store didn't have a matching record of a dark brown dwarf rabbit that someone from our area had purchased. To prevent this story from getting any longer: I now have a rabbit.

The rabbit, however, does not have a name. Or one that has lasted longer then 24 hours. If we'd bought the bunny in the store, I'd not worry so much... but it has to suck being called by a name that isn't yours, so I've been rather cautious about applying a permanent label to the little fellow.

Maybe I should just call him Master Bunny. I think he's totally down with plotting world domination.

5 comments:

Brooke Reviews said...

Awe...super cute. We have a bunny as well! He's a trouble maker who likes to hump my dog. LOL We named him Jack!

Jessica Kennedy said...

We have a bunny too! She's big and her names is Mrs. Peppers. She's white and gray.

Chandra Rooney said...

Maybe I should name the bunny Neil Gaiman....

Ethanael said...

You should name the bunny after me.

Leigh said...

A friend of mine names every one of her pets (and she has turkeys, cats, turtles, fish, chickens, and rabbits) based on what they physically look like, rather than personality: Brownie, Shadow, One-Eye, etc.

I think I prefer names based on personality and candy. Skittles is good for a nervous rabbit.