Monday, August 10, 2009

So shines a good deed in a weary world

Today I met a truly lovely person.

His name was Neil and he looked very familiar. Like the Twelfth Doctor. He did have a TARDIS pin on his lapel. He also had a Dalek pin, so maybe it was just a coincidence.

I shook his hand, introduced myself, and told him it was a pleasure to meet him.

He said it was a pleasure to be met and wrote "The End" in my copy of The Graveyard Book.

I gave him a sachet of tea to brew later, because he seemed tired. He said he would. He also said thank you, because this is what polite people do.

If you should ever meet Neil, please treat him kindly and say hello.

4 comments:

Karen Mahoney said...

That Neil sounds like a nice sort of chap. ;)

*grinds teeth with envy*

Jamie Ford said...

Wow! How very cool. I love that he added "the end".

Starbeam said...

I think I just died vicariously for you.

stormywriting said...

Er. Oops. Was signed in with Sister's account. "Starbeam" was me.

-Maria