Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's my birthday on Saturday

This week has garnered a couple of really fantastic things, one of which being the announcement regarding the film rights to Wicked Lovely selling. (You can read Melissa Marr's reaction here.) That was, of course, yesterday. Today I heard good news for another friend.

For my birthday, I'd like this to continue. In fact, I'd like every day of the next year to bring good news to the people I know. Every single day.

More specifically:

1) I want Rachel Vincent's move to San Antonio to go smoothly. In San Antonio, I want her to find the most kick-ass Mexican restaurant in the whole of Texas. I also want her to get more than ten months to enjoy this restaurant and its inspiring fajitas.

2) I want Rinda Elliott to get her first book deal. She's been more than patient, and I want to read her books. All of them. We all do.

3) I want Leah Bobet to meet her deadlines.

4) I want Vicki Pettersson et al to have a great UNBOUND interview.

5) I want that other friend, who knows who she is, to be able to share her good news with all of you soon. Done and done.

Oh, there's more. Don't think there isn't. But this a start, universe, so best get on it. Birthday cupcakes don't bake themselves.

6 comments:

KT said...

Damn, I could go for some inspiring fajitas right now...

Rinda said...

Thanks. Hope you get one, too. :)

Jessica Kennedy said...

Enjoy your birthday!

Great list! I wish the same for Rachel too! She's an amazing author.

Leigh said...

Happy happy birthday, Chandra!! Hope you get everything on that list...:)

Sarah K said...

I'M GOING TO MONTREAL! I GOT AN ITINERARY AND EVERYTHING TODAY!

Chandra Rooney said...

THIS MAKES ME EXTREMELY HAPPY. LOOK AT THE CAPITAL LETTERS OF GLEE!