Wednesday, April 07, 2010

As I sit in a quiet area of YVR, it occurs to me that travel and a lack of caffeine is perfectly expressed in the slightly hazy way the mist clings to the trees beyond the terminal buildings and runways.

It's one of those grey cloud-moving mornings that are best spent in bed, writing, or well, on a plane to somewhere that isn't so grey. Since I can't have the first option, I'll have to make due with the second then third.

I'll be in NYC this weekend—an insane packaged tour that I was invited to join as part of my aunt's birthday. I won't tell you how old she is, but it's one of those significant numbers that requires doing something impressive. Although, I am stepping out of part of the plans to spend an afternoon with my agent.

Next week, I've got a couple days in Edmonton to recover from the jet lag and then I'll return home and to thejob. At some point I've got to look at a manuscript that a friend has been waiting to hear feedback for. Not sure when, but there will be travel blogging about NYC. It'll just depend on when I can get to it.

No comments: