Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I thought the first blog of the new year should be something impressive.

But I've got nothing really for you to see here, because what I've got has to go into my rough draft or the Indigo Teen Blog.

I took a week out of the store to decompress and get some things done. Also, I'm getting more sleep than I've gotten since October and my room is cleaner than it's been in six months. Which doesn't mean words on the page, but I had a 4000 word day yesterday so I'm working at a more relaxed pace today.

Oh, and I came up with a really great pen name. But in case I may need to actually use it, I am not going to put it online anywhere. Just know it's awesome and it's not Emily Mochaccino, although that is also a very good fake name.

My friend, Karen Mahoney, has a novel out now. It released this week, which has me thinking a lot about the place I was in those years ago when she first wrote The Iron Witch and I first read it. Then I think that it's probably best I don't think about that unless it's to plan about how to reach a place like it again.

Mostly I feel really proud of her and hopeful for her success and grateful that we're still friends.

If you're in Logan Lake on February 5th or you know how to get to Logan Lake, you should come visit the library. I'm going to talk and since it's a return trip and some of those amazing teens might be there again, I'll have to come up with something other than Supernatural to chat about.

3 comments:

Karen Mahoney said...

I am proud of you too, and always will be.

Kaz
<3

Leigh said...

Yup, Emily Mocchachino is awesome. I had a pen name for a teen series I was contracted for but sadly, the publisher went out of business (after 2 bks were finished but before I was paid - that was one of the highlights of 2010! lol...). Anyway, I wish I could attend your teen book club, even tho I'm not a teen, cuz I would love to hear you guide their discussions. Have fun!

Leslie said...

There's still a part of me that wants to become a tv meteorologist named Cookie Stevens. You can use that name too, if you want - it's just that good!

On another note, are there actually books out there that aren't about the supernatural? Who knew?